If you are sitting in your home office right now (or if you are standing at your kitchen table with your laptop), you may be wondering what new things can you do in 2020 and beyond to be more productive and successful. Admittedly, this is a tough year. Certain parts of the United States have been extremely hard hit by the pandemic, which is wreaking havoc on the traditional ways that we have worked within the field of real estate. So, to help you weather this very long storm, we’ve come up with a handy list of 10 habits you should adopt to be successful, or more successful—if you are already killing it in real estate.
10 Habits You Should Adopt to Be More Successful
- Try one new thing each day. If you don’t want to get stuck in a rut, make time to try one new thing per day. Test out that new script or app; try that new social media platform, or make that video you’ve been dreading. The key is to always be doing something—and always trying something new.
- Don’t do bad days. It’s extremely important to leave drama and bad moods at the door. Since real estate is extremely tough and you often can get all sorts of bad news before lunch, it’s vital to treat every negative like a fly on your arm. Just brush it off and move forward.
- Stay informed about what’s trending. Keep an eye on the news, and also on the new policies and procedures that impact the economy and real estate. You’ll always want to keep up to date on the latest trending items so that you don’t appear tone deaf to prospects and clients.
- Accept as many invitations as possible. We all know that networking is vital to real estate. While public events are limited right now, participate in online networking events or host them in order to stay top of mind and meet new people.
- Experiment constantly. Not quite the same as trying a new thing each day, experimenting has to do with trying new approaches to your business, getting rid of the ones that don’t work and embracing the ones that do. At our office, we recently started using a new project management and communication platform. We tried two actually, abandoned one that didn’t work for us, and embraced the other.
- Never ask somebody to do something you wouldn’t do yourself. Reflect on this for a moment. How much of a team player are you? When you show that you are willing to roll up your sleeves, it sends a very positive message to the entire team.
- Exercise and Meditate. Exercise and meditation has become increasingly important and thankfully there are many new at-home options for stress relief, clearing the mind, and self-reflection.
- Listen to audio books. Do not diminish the value of audiobooks. From fiction to business, they improve your mind and help you learn new things. You can listen in the car, when you are out on a walk, or even cruising through the grocery store.
- Make time for everyone on your team. If you want to have a successful team, you need to put in the time and effort to train and create a positive work environment and culture. Harder to do from home, this can be accomplished through online meetings and fun activities.
- Start your day with a clean inbox. It sounds ridiculous but excellent communication and quick responses are lacking in many real estate businesses. It doesn’t take much to respond to all emails and phone calls each day, and completing that task before nightfall will set you up for success tomorrow.
Looking to have an amazingly successful real estate transaction, feel free to call the transaction coordinators at Transaction 911 to help you increase efficiency by outsourcing the time-consuming paperwork. Contact our office today!