Tasks that stack up can start to overwhelm you. When you look at everything that needs to get done, ask yourself if you have to be the one to address these items directly? Knowing when to delegate tasks can help you become more efficient. We only have 24 hours in a day and we’re asleep for about 8 of them (if we’re lucky). That leaves you with 16 hours to finish everything you need to and that’s not even including eating and bathing. Try delegating the 5 tasks listed below to get the most out of your day.
5 Tasks to Delegate:
- Completing paperwork for an escrow. Hire a Transaction Coordinator. No, I’m not just saying this because this is a T911 blog. Transaction Coordinator work can take hours out of your day that you could spend following up with leads or spending more time with your family. A Transaction Coordinator’s main responsibility is ensuring that all of the necessary paperwork is complete before close of escrow. They also keep tracks of contingencies and they know the ins and outs of a real estate transaction. Not only can they help you with paperwork but they can offer perspective because they see more transactions than some agents since they manage multiple files at a time.
- Cold calling. Hire an assistant or a virtual assistant. You can give them a set number of calls they have to complete for the day. Rather than calling multiple pointless leads, they can get you contact information for leads that are truly interested in buying or selling a home.
- Showing property. Save yourself the drive and have an assistant help you show multiple properties in a day. When you aren’t driving to different homes, you can spend that time writing strong offers for interested buyers or visiting the homes of sellers interested in possibly selling their home.
- Marketing. Get your name out there! Instead of you designing social media posts to grab your followers attention, try hiring a marketing assistant. They watch the trends of the market and are aware of what is really grabbing people’s attention these days. A marketing assistant can offer fresh ideas on what to post or the best media to use to reach different audiences.
- Administrative tasks. Printing out MLS Listings, scheduling appointments, creating listings, etc The list could go on and on for administrative tasks that eat up your time but are necessary in order to have a productive day. Have someone else take care of it for you.
People always say when raising a child, it takes a village. The same goes for building a strong business. It may seem more difficult to trust the person you are delegating these tasks too because you want to do the job yourself. Try to remember that with clear instructions and proper training, the individuals you hire have the potential to become some of your greatest assets.